- Post answers to these questions here on the public class blog in a post titled “@[Your twitter name] Character Message.”
- What is your objective?
I want to educate people on recycling and trash
- What effect should your message have on viewers?
The viewers should now think twice before throwing their Gatorade Bottle or Cereal Box in the trash.
This will strongly inform how your photo message is graded however. How well does your image live up to its intended message and effect?
What concrete, specific actions do you want people to take after seeing your message– for example, visiting a website, volunteering, donating money, or buying a product? What action links will you use?
- People should visit this article and explore information about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and begin to reduce the amount of materials used but more importantly increase recycling.
Compose a series of three or more possible variations on the same message. What fun and different ways can you word and re-word your basic idea?
- Remember that bottle of coke in the trash? Or the plastic bag on the road? Where did they go? Check the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
- It’s a beautiful day at LandFill Beach! bring a towel and sturdy boots!
- Who knows where the biggest landfill in the world is? Pacific Ocean anybody?
- What kinds of people or audiences do you intend to reach? Who are some of the people that your message won’t appeal to? This will also inform how your photo message is graded.
- This message is for anybody and everybody. This message won’t appeal to people who believe the world is flat and garbage cans are magical because they make everything disappear.
- Can you think of any news events, current happenings, and cultural trends that to which you can tie your message? Here is an earlier News Article. Current happenings– It’s happening right now! people are destroying marine life and beautiful beaches because we carelessly throw trash in every direction. Cultural Trends- the collection of trash in the pacific ocean comes together because of multiple cultures’ wasteful and lazy activity when regarding trash. America is very irresponsible when taking care of garbage. Europe and Japan on the otherhand know how to recycle and keep their land clean.
- Using your composed variations and preferably tied to current trends and news tweet on your message and on your general subject. Everyone is required to do a minimum of 10 tweets spread out over several days (not all at once).
- Link to each tweet in the comments section of your public class blog post. Also link to any re-tweets (RT) of you tweets. RTs and large numbers of followers will boost your grade.